rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances... --1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Prayer is foundational to supporting our city and those that are fostering. It is imperative that as a church body we are supporting our city in prayer and praying for those in our community that don't know Christ to come to know him. Please commit alongside us to be in prayer for our city and for those involved in foster care. Below are some links that you can visit that will help guide your prayers.
Prayers for the Foster Care System
Here are some ways that you can pray for all of those that are involved in the the Foster Care System:
Prayer for the Children
- Pray that children in the foster care system would come to know Jesus as their Lord and Savior.
- Pray that these children would experience God's love through the love and care given to them by all involved in the child welfare system.
- Pray that God would provide each of these children with a “forever family", either through their biological families or through adoption, and that God would prepare the hearts of these children to be ready for the families He will provide them.
- Pray that God would heal the deep hurt these children have experienced and protect them from future harm.
- Pray that God would open doors to keep sibling groups intact or in contact with one another as they grow up.
- Pray that God would transform the children's lives and hearts and that they would be able to forgive those who have wronged them.
- Pray for the many, many young adults in our country and state that have, “aged out of the foster care system”, that they might still find a Christian family to forever call theirs, that they might find parents to help them navigate life wisely and that they would come to know Jesus as their Lord and Savior.
Prayer for the Families
- Pray that God would draw these children's biological families to Himself and that they would experience the life transformation that will allow them to parent their children well. Pray that these families will be treated with dignity by all those involved in the foster care system.
- Pray that God would intervene in the lives of other at-risk families and provide them with mentors who can help prevent the removal of their children in the first place.
- Pray that God would raise up an army of godly foster parents who are equally committed to reunification and adoption when necessary, trusting God alone for the outcome He desires.
- Pray for current Foster Parents, that they would not lose heart and that they would be diligent in seeking justice for the children in their care.
- Pray that potential adoptive families will step forward and not grow discouraged while waiting to become qualified to adopt children in White County and Arkansas.
- Pray that families who have already adopted children from foster care would have wisdom and would experience God's grace as they parent their children.
- Pray that foster families would have the ability to see these children as gifts from God that deserve to be cared for in the best possible way.
Prayer for the Workers
- Pray that God would raise up laborers to fill every void: judges, attorneys, guardians ad litem, social workers, CASA volunteers, support staff, therapist and others.
- Pray that God would draw these works to Himself, that their motivation might be rooted in the gospel and its ability to do the impossible and transform lives.
- Pray that God would move more Christians to launch careers in the child welfare system.
- Pray that God would encourage our state's social workers, that they would experience great joy in their work, and that they would not grow weary in doing good.
- Pray that God would provide the environment necessary for our state's social workers to do their jobs to the best of their abilities, and that lawmakers would continue to provide the funds effectively and in a way that is best for the children.
- Pray for the families of the workers, that the overwhelming realities they experience each day will not prevent them from giving 100% at home.
- Pray that the workers will seek justice for everyone involved.
Here are some links that can help guide you further in your prayers for those that are fostering and adopting:
Prayer for our city
Our overall prayer for our city is that the lost will come to know Christ. This will only happen if veiled in continual prayer and outreach. The links below can serve as guides to help you better pray for Searcy.