Burkina Faso, West Africa: Clean Water, Evangelism, and Orphan Care
Every other Spring, starting in May of 2016, Fellowship will send a short-term mission team to Burkina Faso, West Africa to come alongside the work of one of our long-term missionaries, Ashli Roussel. Located in the 10/40 window, Burkina Faso is a french-speaking country in Western Africa that is about the size of Colorado. Prone to drought, famine, and disease, it is ranked the third poorest nation in the world. Some of the various areas in which the short-term teams that are sent out from Fellowship will encourage and come alongside the work that Ashli and her team are doing is through:
- church ministry: training leaders and encouraging local village churches
- orphans and infants in distress: providing milk, medical care, and spiritual support
- widows ministry: preparing sacks and visiting widows
- scholars ministry: providing tutoring, fun activities, and spiritual support for orphans in their school scholarship program
- clean water: completing the finishing touches on the clean water well that Fellowship raises money for through the Well Done Run and getting to meet the village impacted by the gift of clean water
Burkina Faso at a Glance
- Trip Dates: Spring 2020
- Cost: Around $2,500 (depending on the cost of airfare)
- Required Vaccines: Yellow Fever (country requires proof of this vaccine to enter the country) and being up to date on your MMR and DTP. Highly Recommend Vaccines: Hep A, Typhoid, and taking malaria meds. Also recommend: Hep B, Meningitis, and Rabies.
- Trip Requirements: Participate in four team meetings (one meeting per month leading up to trip), a local service outreach day/team-bonding day, a debrief meeting after returning back from your mission trip, and complete all required reading. An annual background check through Ministry Safe is also a requirement.