Guatemala: Clean Water, Evangelism, and Orphan Care
Every other year, starting in 2016, Fellowship will send a short-term mission team to Guatemala to come alongside the work of one of our long-term missionary couples, Cary and Rita Sills. Guatemala is a country with tremendous poverty in regards to wealth and, more specifically, spiritually to the Word of God.
Some of the various areas in which the short-term teams that are sent out from Fellowship will encourage and come alongside the work that the Sills are doing is through:
- Holding and feeding malnourished babies
- Passing out soup to homeless people and telling them about Jesus
- Helping at the feeding center to feed 450+impoverished children
- Leading skits, devotionals, and a time of singing at the feeding center
- Bringing water filtration systems to families without access to clean water
- Participating in evangelism throughout the city
- Spending time caring for and loving on those that are handicapped
- Building houses for those in need
Guatemala at a Glance
- Trip Dates: July 28th thru August 4th 2018
- Cost: Around $1,700
- Vaccines the CDC Recommends: being up to date with routine vaccines such as MMR and DTP along with travelers having their Hep A, Hep B, and Typhoid.
- Trip Requirements: Participate in four team meetings (one meeting per month leading up to trip), a local service outreach day/low-ropes course day, a debrief meeting after returning back from your mission trip, and complete all required reading. An annual background check through Ministry Safe is also a requirement.