Haiti: Orphan Care
Fellowship was blessed in 2010 to establish a partnership with Canaan Christian Community located in Montrouis, Haiti. Canaan is home to 70+ children that either do not have parents or for various reasons their own parents are no longer able to care for them.
Each year, Fellowship sends a short-term team down to Canaan the week before Christmas to care for and love on the children living at Canaan and to serve the Canaan community in a variety of ways from construction projects to medical mission work.
The skill sets needed to be part of what the Lord is doing at Canaan are endless! We would love for you to pray about joining us for our one week short-term mission trip, going on a summer long stint, or using your degree to serve for a year or longer as a teacher, medical professional, or as a business administrator! If you are interested in serving at Canaan in any capacity, please click here.
Haiti Mission Trip at a Glance:
- Trip Dates: Saturday-Saturday before Christmas
- Cost: Between $1,300-$1,500 (depending on the cost of airfare)
- Vaccines Needed: Hep A, Hep B, Typhoid, and Tetanus, along with Malaria Meds
- Trip Requirements: Participate in four team meetings (one meeting per month leading up to trip), a local service outreach day, a debrief meeting after returning back from your mission trip, and complete all required reading
- Next Steps: Fill out an application and a Background check